This beautiful, delicious side dish is one of my mom & hubby’s favorite dish. So I love cooking and enjoy eating with them. It goes well with any curry or simple dal/lentil. This side dish is quick to make and require very few ingredients and spices and result is this beautiful looking dish. If there is a surprise visit at your home and you have capsicum/bell peppers, Paneer in your refrigerator, this is one dish you can make and serve your guest.I am sure they would love it and compliment you 😉.
If you are looking for more side-dishes, do try my recipe’s of Parwal Aloo Sabzi/Pointed Gourd-Potato Stir Fry (No Onion, No Garlic), Gajar Matar Sabji/ Carrot & Peas Stir Fry- (No Onion, No Garlic), Aloo Baigan Ki Sabzi/Potato-Eggplant Dry Curry (No Onion, No Garlic): Indian Style, Baigan ka Bharta/Spicy Mashed Eggplant-Indian Style, Aloo Gobhi Sabzi/Potato-Cauliflower with Indian spices, Bhindi Masala/Okra Masala Stir Fry, Bharwan Karela/Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe, Jeera Aloo/ Spicy Cumin Potatoes.
Cuisine: Indian, North-Indian
Recipe Type: Side-Dish
Prep Time: 5-10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese: 1 cup, medium-sized cubed
- Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper: 1 cup, medium-sized cubed
- Onion: 1 small-sized, finely sliced
- Tomato: 2 small, puréed
- Green Chili: 1-2, finely chopped
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves: 1/4 tsp, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander/Cilantro Leaves Chopped: 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Once hot, add cumin seeds & let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions & fry till golden in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato purée, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder & fry till the masala starts oozing out of the oil.
- Add capsicum, mix well & fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add paneer cubes, mix gently for a minute.
- Add crushed kauri methi, mix well & cook for couple of minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, mix well & turn off the flame.
- Serve hot as side with any curry & bread of your choice.