Hung curd veggie sandwich is a low-calorie, quick, healthy yet delicious Indian sandwich recipe which is so easy & ideal for breakfast, tiffin or for evening snacks with a hot cuppa of coffee. Hung curd mixed with colorful veggies along with few seasoning makes an excellent sandwich spread.
This recipe is quite simple to make, you can use any veggies of your choice, I have used onions, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato & cilantro. Veggies gives a nice crunch & slight sweetness to the sandwich along with a freshness and aroma of cilantro leaves. Hung curd is basically yogurt drained of all its water. It can be easily prepared at home by tying some curd in a muslin cloth & leave it hanging for 2-3 hours or till the water is completely drained out. Alternatively if you don’t have time for this process, you can use greek yogurt to make this spread.
If you are looking for more sandwich recipes, do try
Do try this recipe over the weekend and enjoy the praises from your family & friend’s 😉. So let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Breakfast/Snacks
Prep Time: 10 Mins + 2 hrs for hung curd process
Cook Time: 5 Mins
- Bread Slices: 8 ( Of your choice, I have used multi-grain bread)
- Hung Curd: 1 cup
- Carrot: 1 small, peeled & finely chopped
- Onions: 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Bell Pepper/Capsicum: 1/2, chop into small pieces (Any color)
- Tomato: 1 small, chop into small pieces
- Cucumber: 1/2, chop into small pieces
- Cilantro: 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: 3/4 tsp
- Oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Butter/Olive Oil: For Cooking
- Add the chopped veggies into a bowl, add hung curd, salt, pepper, oregano & mix well but gently to form a spread. Check on seasoning, add more if required.
- Take 2 bread slices, evenly spread the curd & veggie mixture on one of the slice. Place the other slice over it and press very gently. Repeat the same procedure on the remaining bread slices.
- Heat a non stick/grill pan or sandwich maker. Spread some butter/oil on the bread. Place the sandwich over the heated pan or sandwich maker and let it roast, when making on pan, gently press with spatula to get nice golden-brown color and perfect crispness. Flip the sandwich, spread the butter on it and repeat the same process this side as well.
- Repeat the same process as mentioned in above step for the remaining sandwich.
- Once done, cut it into two pieces either from the center or diagonally & serve hot with ketchup, Dhaniya-Pudina Chutney/Cilantro-Mint Dip (No Onion, No Garlic), Dhaniya Chutney/Coriander Dip Recipe or any dip of your choice. Enjoy with fresh juice or hot cuppa of tea/coffee 😊.