Paneer bhurji is healthy, vibrant looking dish goes well with with roti, naan, paratha’s or even with toast and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe is a dry version of paneer, made with crumbled paneer along with few Indian spices and require very few ingredients. I usually cook this extra so that I can use the leftover bhurji for my breakfast next day to make one of my favorite paneer bhurji grilled sandwich, recipe of which I will be sharing in my next post.
If you are looking for more paneer recipes, do try:
So lets get started with recipe and method of preparing paneer bhurji.
Prep Time: 10-15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Cuisine: Indian, North- Indian
Recipe Type: Side-dish
- Paneer/ Indian Cottage Cheese: 2 cups, crumbled
- Onion: 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 large, finely chopped
- Green Chili: 1, finely chopped
- Ginger-Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Cilantro/ Coriander: 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cumins Seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan/ kadhai, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add green chili, ginger- garlic paste and sauté for few seconds, then add onions and sauté till they turn slightly golden- brown in color.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, mix well and cook till tomatoes turn mushy. Check seasoning add if required.
- Add crumbled paneer, mix gently. Cover and cook on low flame for 2-3 mins. Do not overcook or on high flame else paneer will turn hard and chewy.
- Add cilantro, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with any bread of your choice and enjoy 😊.