Here I am again with one of the most popular Indian pudding and also made for the vrat/fast and is loaded with nutritious dry fruits. This pudding is prepared with three basic ingredients-milk, dry fruits and sugar. The addition of crushed green cardamom instills a subtle aroma in the pudding.
Festive season gives me a chance to make some special dishes and feast on them :). So I made this also on Janamashtmi for Bhog (Food offered to God), so thought of sharing the recipe of this delicacy with you all. If you are looking for more Indian desserts recipe, do check Besan Ke Ladoo/Chickpea Flour Fudge Balls-Indian Dessert, Chawal Ki Kheer/Indian Rice Pudding Recipe.
Recipe Type: Desserts
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cook Time: 40-45 mins
- Milk: 1 ltr (preferred full cream)
- Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Almonds: 8-10, peeled & roughly chopped
- Cashews: 8-10, roughly chopped
- Chironji/Chiroli: 1/4 cup
- Raisins: 1/4 cup
- Grated Coconut: 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder: 1 tsp
- Makhane: 1/2 cup
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once it comes to a boil, add all the dry fruits and mix well.
- Cook on the low heat till the kheer is thickened. Keep stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan as it adds layer of cream into the kheer.
- Once milk is thick enough, add sugar and cook for another 5-10 mins.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder, mix well, cover the lid and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot or chilled :).