Kuttu ki pakodi is a toothsome snack to make during vrat/fasting days. Pair them with Dhaniya Chutney/Coriander Dip Recipe or yogurt for a delicious fasting meal or you can enjoy on any regular days as well. Kuttu ka atta is a healthy, gluten-free flour and also contain more protein than other grains. It is one of the most popular flour used during vrat days.
Kuttu ka atta is hot in nature so it is advised to have some yogurt along with kuttu preparation to balance it. I remember in childhood I used to wait for my mom to keep fast on any auspicious day, so we will get some nice delicacies to enjoy and kuttu ki pakodi was one of them. Who says keeping vrat/fast is difficult, when you have so many yummy options available to eat ;).I recently made it on Janamashtmi, so let’s get started. If you are looking for more vrat recipe do check Panchamrut/Panchamitra.
Recipe Type: Vrat/Fast/Snacks
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Kuttu ka Atta: 2 cup
- Potatoes: 2-3 medium-sized, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Green Chili: 2, fInely chopped
- Ginger: 1″ knob, finely chopped
- Sendha Namak/Rock Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
- Mix kuttu ka atta, potato cubes, green chili, sendha namak, add little water at a time and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan/kadhai.
- Once oil is hot, drop small pakodies in the oil and fry on medium heat till both the sides are cooked properly and slightly golden-brown in color.
- Drain out on a tissue paper to soak extra oil.
- Serve hot and crispy with coriander dip or fresh yogurt.
- You can use boiled potatoes as well instead of raw potatoes.