Sevai Kheer is a creamy, thick and delectable Indian dessert often made on auspicious occasions or special family get togethers and whenever I eat this it takes me back to my childhood memories. If I have to make an elaborate dinner for relatives or friends, then one of the obvious and quick option to make dessert is to make Sevai Ki Kheer, it doesn’t demand more of my time or preparation and with the end result the guests feel happy and demand for more serving for getting such a rich, tasty dessert. If you are looking for more Indian desserts, do check my recipes of Coconut Burfi/ Indian Coconut Fudge, Meve ki Kheer/Dry Fruits Indian Pudding, Besan Ke Ladoo/Chickpea Flour Fudge Balls-Indian Dessert, Chawal Ki Kheer/Indian Rice Pudding Recipe. So let’s get started and enjoy this dessert with your family & friend’s :).
Recipe Type: Desserts
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30-40 Mins
- Sevai/Vermicelli: 1/2 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 1 tbsp
- Milk: 5 cup (Preferred full cream)
- Sugar: 1/2 cup or as per taste
- Dry Fruits: Raisins, Cashew Halves, Sliced Almonds, Chironji
- Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Saffron Strands: 6-8 strands, soaked in 1 tbsp of lukewarm milk.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, once hot, roast the dry fruits lightly , drain & keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast the sever till it changes color, drain on a tissue & keep aside.
- Add milk in the same pan & let it boil.
- Once the milk starts to thicken slightly, add the roasted sevai & let it get completely cooked.
- Keep stirring & checking if the sevai is cooked or not & let the milk get thickened to your desired consistency. Remember it will get thicken more on cooling.
- Add sugar, roasted dry fruits & mix gently.
- Once sugar is dissolved properly , sprinkle cardamom powder , soaked saffron, mix gently, cover it, let it cool a bit and flavors gets infused in the kheer.
- Garnish with few chopped dry fruits of your choice and serve cold or warm 😊.