Festival season is about to start in India and we are so fond of making these fresh, scrumptious and home-made sweets to enhance the sweetness of festivals and lovely time with family and friends. Besan ke ladoo is one of the most popular Indian desserts, made of besan, sugar, ghee and cardamom powder is adder to enhance the aroma of this dessert.
Though we have sweet shops in India in every other lane but I feel taste and flavor of home-made sweets doesn’t match at all with what we get in those shops. Everyone in my family makes these ladoos delicious and all follow a traditional yet easy method to prepare them. If you are looking for more Indian dessert, do check Chawal Ki Kheer/Indian Rice Pudding Recipe. Let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Desserts/Sweets
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40-45 mins
Serves: 12-15 ladoos
- Besan/Chickpea flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1 cup or as per taste
- Cardamom powder: 1 tbsp
- Water: 1-2 tbsp
- Sieve the besan flour before use.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, once hot add besan and fry on medium-low heat till besan is slightly brown in color and nice aroma starts coming.
- Splash a tablespoon of water on this mixture. Slight foam will form up in the pan. Keep stirring the mixture till the foam settles down.
- Now remove the mixture in a bowl, let it cool for 10-15 mins.
- Add cardamom powder, powdered sugar and mix nicely by rubbing this mixture between both the palms.
- Take a small amount of mixture in your hand and make a small-sized balls. Roll tightly so that they don’t break.
- Leave the ladoos to cool down at room temperature. Garnish with chopped nuts of your choice.
- Store in an air-tight container and enjoy this toothsome dessert with your family and friends :).
- You can add chopped cashews, almonds and raisins in the mixture before binding ladoos.
- The taste of these ladoos mainly depend upon how well you have roasted the besan. Don’t roast for too long, they will taste bitter neither roast for a shorter period, their will be a raw taste in the ladoos.
- While adding sugar in the mixture, make sure that mixture is slightly warm as it will help in melting sugar.