Masala paratha as the name suggests is made from whole wheat flour, mixed with various masala’s/Indian spices & ghee/clarified butter. These paratha’s can be enjoyed with any pickle, raita or curry of your choice. My dad & I love these hot paratha’s with any namkeen mixture or bhujiya along with a hot cup of masala tea 😋.
If you are looking for more Indian breads, do check my recipes of:
- Masoor Dal Paratha/ Indian Brown Lentils Flat Bread
- Plain Paratha (Indian Bread)
- Chana Dal Stuffed Paratha/Bengal Gram Lentil Stuffed Indian Flat Bread (No Onion-No Garlic)
- Paneer Paratha/Indian Cottage Cheese Mix Stuffed Indian Flatbread
- Dal Ka Paratha/Lentil Flatbread
- Aloo Paratha/ Whole wheat bread stuffed with spicy potato mixture
- Gobhi Paratha/Whole Wheat Bread Stuffed with Spicy Cauliflower Mixture
- Homemade Butter Naan/ Indian Flat Bread (No yeast)
- Bhature(All Purpose Flour Deep Fried Puffed Indian Bread Recipe)-Without Yeast
So note down the recipe of this & give it a try, I am sure you and your family will love & ask for more ☺️. Let’s get started.
Cuisine: Indian, North Indian
Recipe Type: Bread
Prep Time: 10-15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Whole Wheat Flour: 2 cups
- Ajwain/Carom Seeds: 2 tbsp
- Heeng/Asafoetida: A generous pinch
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp or as per taste
- Dry Mango Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Water as needed for kneading
- Add flour, ajwain & ghee in a mixing bowl, mix well using your fingers.
- Add little water at a time & knead to get a soft dough. Cover it & keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Mix salt, heeng, red chili powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Make a lemon sized balls from the dough according to the numbers of paratha’s you want to make. On the other hand, heat the tawa/griddle.
- Dust & roll the dough ball around 4 inch circle. Apply few oil drops on the circle & sprinkle some of the powdered masala (step 3) evenly on the circle and spread it with the oiling brush or back side of the spoon.
- Fold the sides & bring them to center, apply little oil, fold again to form a triangle shape dough.
- Dust & roll again evenly on all the sides.
- Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle. Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply oil on both the sides & cook the paratha by pressing with spatula till crisp and golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve these with piping hot tea & curry of your choice and enjoy this appetizing paratha’s 😋.