Boondi kadhi is delicious, vibrant looking tangy, yogurt curry with boondi along with the seasoning of curry leaves, cumin & fenugreek seeds, dry red chili and few other dry spices. This curry is quick to make as compared to Kadhi Pakoda/Gram Flour Dumplings in Yogurt Gravy (No Onion, No Garlic).
It taste best when paired with steamed white rice with a dollop of ghee/clarified butter on top. If you are looking for more curries do try my recipes of :
- Egg Curry Recipe(Punjabi or Dhaba Style)
- Arahar ki Dal/ Yellow Split Peas-Classic Indian Lentil Curry
- Yellow Thai Curry with Vegetables
- Kamal Kakdi Aloo ki Sabzi/Lotus Stem & Potato Curry (No Onion, No Garlic)
- Palak Aloo Curry/ Spicy Pureed Spinach with Potatoes
- Rajma Masala/Red Kidney Beans Curry-Indian Style
- Chana Masala/ Garbanzo Beans-Indian Curry Recipe
- Mangodi Aloo Sabzi/Moong Dal Nuggets Curry
- Mutter Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese & Green Peas Curry Recipe
- Palak Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese in Spinach Gravy
- Paneer(Cottage Cheese) Butter Masala/Paneer Makhani
- Lauki Kofta/Opo Squash Dumplings in Curry
- Egg Masala/Egg Roast-Indian Style
So let’s get started without any delay. Try this curry coming weekend and enjoy with your family and friends 😊.
Cuisine: Indian, North Indian
Recipe Type: Main Course
Prep Time: 10-15 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
For Curry :
- Boondi: 1/2 cup (Preferably Unsalted)
- Curd: 3/4 cup (Preferably sour curd, refer notes)
- Besan/ Bengal Gram Flour: 2-3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tsp or as per taste
- Heeng/Asafoetida: 2 pinch
- Methi Dana/Fenugreek Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Jeera/Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chili: 2
- Curry Leaves: 2 sprig
- Garam Masala Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 2-3 tsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Dry Whole Red Chili: 1-2
- Whisk curd & besan well in a bowl, ensure that there are no lumps in it. Add haldi, red chili powder, 3 cups of water, salt & mix well.
- Heat oil, once hot add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, whole red chili & let them crackle.
- Add the above prepared curd mixture (step 1) & give it a boil. Keep stirring in between & let it simmer for another 12-15 mins.
- Once the yogurt curry starts thickening add boondi & garam masala powder and let it simmer for another 3-4 mins then turn off the gas.
- Now take a tadka pan, add ghee, once hot add whole red chili, cumin seeds, red chili powder and let them sizzle.
- Pour this mixture on the kadhi before serving & garish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or chapati & enjoy 😊.
- If you don’t have sour curd, you can add dry mango powder while preparing the curry. It will give slight tanginess in the curry.
- If you like garlic, you can add finely chopped garlic cloves in the tadka/tempering. It will give a nice flavor & aroma to the curry.