Paneer/Indian Cottage cheese is one of the most versatile ingredient in Indian cooking esp for vegetarians 😊. Paneer paratha is one of the most loved stuffed whole wheat paratha’s at my home. This smooth , soft & stuffed bread is extremely addictive & taste best when served with pickle, curd & hot cuppa of masala tea. If you are looking for more Indian breads, do check my recipes of Bhature(All Purpose Flour Deep Fried Puffed Indian Bread Recipe)-Without Yeast, Gobhi Paratha/Whole Wheat Bread Stuffed with Spicy Cauliflower Mixture, Aloo Paratha/ Whole wheat bread stuffed with spicy potato mixture, Homemade Butter Naan/ Indian Flat Bread (No yeast). So let’s get started and try this recipe of delicious paratha this weekend for your family :).
Recipe Type: Breads
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Serves: 4 person
For Outer Layer:
- Whole Wheat Flour/Atta: 2 cups + 1/4 cup for dusting
- Cooking Oil: 2 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Water to knead
- Crumbled Paneer: 2 cups
- Chopped Cilantro: 2 tbsp
- Green Chili: 2, finely chopped
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped (optional)
- Chaat Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine whole wheat flour, salt, oil, little water at a time and gently knead into a soft dough. Cover it & keep aside till we get the stuffing ready.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned under ” For Filling” category. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a ball sized dough, roll into 3-4 inch circle using rolling-pin.
- Take 1 -2 tsp of filling in the center and gather all the edges & pinch it into the center to seal properly.
- Flatten with your hands gently, dip into dry flour and roll gently into 6 inch round using rolling-pin.
- Heat the taw/griddle on medium heat, once hot place the rolled paratha on it & cook for few seconds till you see few bubbles on top.
- Flip it & cook other side as well. Apply some oil on the surface & cook it by pressing gently using spatula.
- Again flip, apply some oil & cook both the sides properly till both the sides are golden brown in color.
- Serve hot & crispy paratha’s with pickle, yogurt & enjoy with family ☺️.