Crispy pyaaz-palak pakora’s makes the perfect vegan snacks or starters. Light, crispy and completely moreish. These can be enjoyed with hot cuppa of tea or coffee during rainy weather or even on a regular evenings.
I have learned this recipe from my friends mom, I never had this combination in pakora’s , but when I first tasted them with Dhaniya Chutney/Coriander Dip Recipe, they were too yummy and I kept eating like bhukad 😂. If you are looking for more snacks recipe do try Pav Bhaji(Mashed & Spicy Vegetables Curry with Buttery Bread Rolls), Jeera Biscuit/Cumin Cookies (Eggless), Masala Mathri/Savory Indian Crackers, Kuttu ki Pakodi/Buckwheat Flour Fritters. So without any delay let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Snacks/Appetizer
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- White/Red Onion: 1, finely sliced
- Spinach/Palak: 15-20 leaves, roughly chopped
- Green Chili: 2, finely chopped
- Besan/Chickpeas Flour: 3/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain/Carom Seeds: 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Cooking Oil for frying
- In a big bowl, add besan, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, carom seeds, lemon juice and combine well.
- Add little water at a time, whisk to make a smooth, lump free thick batter.
- Add onions, spinach, green chili and stir to coat with the batter.
- Heat a large wok with oil on the stove top on medium heat.
- Carefully drop a tablespoon of prepared batter into the hot oil, cooking about 7-8 pakora’s at a time. Fry for about a minute on each side & cook till they have beautiful golden brown color on both the sides.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon & place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- Continue the same until all the batter is finished.
- Serve the hot pakora’s/fritters with coriander/cilantro dip or imli chutney with hot cuppa of tea/coffee & enjoy ☺️.