I love Thai curry may it be green, red or yellow and esp when it has a lot of veggies as it adds to the taste and crunching to the curry. While selecting veggies prefer most mild tasting vegetables as they will work well with this curry. I have decided to use carrots, baby corn, red bell peppers, green beans, snap peas & shallots.
Enjoy this lip smacking curry with steamed plain rice or jasmine rice. So let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Main Course
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Coconut Milk: 1 1/4 ounce can
- Yellow Curry Paste: 2 tbsp
- Baby Corn: 1/4 cup, cut into halves
- Green Beans: 1/4 cup, cut into 1″ pieces
- Carrots: 1/4 cup, cut into 1″ pieces
- Snap Peas: 1/4 cup
- Shallots: 1/4 cup, cut into halves
- Red Bell Peppers: 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
- Basil Leaves: 4-5, roughly chopped
- Water: 1-2 cup
- Salt to taste
- In a wok, scoop approx 1/2 cup coconut milk. Turn the heat to medium high & allow the coconut milk to cook until it starts bubbling & there is an oily film on the surface of the wok.
- Add the yellow curry paste to coconut milk & stir to incorporate well. Allow the mixture to cook until the oily film reappears.
- Now add rest of the coconut milk & 1-2 cups of water depending on the consistency of the curry you prefer.
- Add the vegetables, starting with the one that takes the longest to cook & allow to simmer until all of the vegetables are tender yet crunchy.
- Add chopped basil leaves, mix well.
- Taste the curry, adjust the seasoning as necessary and turn off the gas.
- Serve with a side of warm jasmine rice and enjoy :).