Oh these crispy, sweet & salty cookies are one of the popular chai/tea time cookies in India. We love these biscuits little crunchy and crispy. These biscuits have beautiful golden brown edges, tempting aroma & flavor of roasted cumin.
I have been thinking for very long to bake them as my husband loves them. I finally got around making them & they came out so well and beautiful that he couldn’t stop eating them and complimented by saying these are way yummy than the bakery one’s, so I couldn’t resist sharing with you all. If you are looking for more snacks recipe, do try Masala Mathri/Savory Indian Crackers, Namak Paare/Salty Crunchy Savory-Indian Snacks. So let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Snacks
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Yields: 20 small cookies
- Maida/All-Purpose Flour: 1 cup
- Butter (Unsalted): 1/2 cup (At room temp)
- Sugar: 1/3 cup or as per taste
- Salt: 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Jeera/Cumin: 1 tbsp
- In a small pan, dry roast cumin seeds on medium flame till you get a nice fragrance from them and set aside.
- In a bowl, using hand mixer cream together the butter & sugar. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, salt, 3/4 of cumin seeds to the butter & sugar mix. Mix at low-speed till the mixture looks smooth & comes together in a form of a soft dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick flat disc.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into the desired shapes. I love these round, so have cut them into small round cookies.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray, sprinkle the remaining cumin seeds on top of the cookies and press it gently.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 10 mins. After 10 mins, reduce the temp to 325 degree F and bake for more 10-15 mins or till they are golden brown in color.
- Once done, place the cookies on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container to retain the crunching of cookies for longer duration.
- Enjoy these cute cookies with hot cuppa of tea or coffee :).