Egg fried rice is a popular Indo-Chinese dish and a great hit with kids and adults as well ;). This dish is super easy, quick and healthy. Egg fried rice goes well with some side dish like Manchurian, chili paneer or chili chicken.
I use a lot of veggies while making this dish like capsicum, corn, spring onion, carrots, green beans and cabbage as they give nice taste, crunch and makes it a vibrant liking dish :). If you are looking for more Indo-Chinese recipe, do try Veg Hakka Noodles. So let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Rice
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- Basmati Rice/Or any rice of your choice: 4 cup cooked rice
- Eggs: 4 medium-sized
- Carrot: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Green Beans: 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Cabbage: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Spring Onions: 1/2 cup white + 1/3 cup green of it
- Garlic: 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Red Onions: 1 small, finely chopped
- Soy Sauce: 2-3 tsp or as per taste
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Green Chili Sauce: 1-2 tsp, as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: 1 tsp
- Cooking Oil: 2 tbsp
- In a wok, heat oil, add garlic and white of spring onion. Saute for a minute.
- Add beaten eggs, sprinkle little salt & pepper powder. Keep stirring until egg cooks.
- Remove the scrambled egg in a bowl & keep aside.
- In the same wok, add oil, once hot add red onions, saute for 1-2 mins on high heat.
- Add all the veggies, salt & keep tossing them for 2-3 mins on high heat, as it helps retaining the crunching of the veggies.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar & keep stirring.
- Add scrambled egg, mix well and check seasoning.
- Add boiled rice, combine it gently with the veggies and then turn of the gas after a minute.
- Serve this yummy egg fried rice with schezwan sauce or any side dish of your choice :).