Chaas/Buttermilk is a perfect beverage in this hot weather to beat the heat. It is so simple and refreshing made with plain yogurt, cilantro, green chili and few spices. This beverage is made in different ways in different parts of India. The recipe I am sharing today is of what we typically make in North India. So let’s get started.
Recipe Type: Beverage
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- Plain Yogurt/Curd: 1 cup
- Green Chili: 1, roughly chopped
- Cilantro/Coriander Leaves: 1 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Black Salt: 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala: 1/4 tsp
- Chilled Water: 2 cups
- Ice Cubes: Few while serving
- Take a blender, add all the ingredients except water & ice. Blend it well.
- Now add chilled water and blend again to incorporate everything well.
- Check seasoning and pour into the glasses.
- Keep in refrigerator till serving. Add few ice cubes and serve chilled.