What more you can ask when you have a slice of freshly baked coffee cake and a steaming cup of coffee ;). This cake has a rich, buttery flavor and soft moist texture.
Coffee cakes are the one for everyday although called a “coffee cake” it does not usually contain coffee. Though the name more often refers as these types of cakes are usually eaten with coffee or tea. I am sure that you will love the slightly crunchy texture when baked and its grainy texture contrast nicely with soft and moist cake. If you are looking for more baking recipe, do check Blueberry Muffins Recipe. So let’s get started.
Prep Time: 15-20 mins
Cook Time: 40-50 mins
Serves: 1, 9 inch cake
- All purpose flour: 1 2/3 cup
- Baking Powder: 1 tsp
- Baking Soda: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted Butter (Room Temp): 1/2 cup
- White Sugar: 1 cup
- Eggs: 2, large
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp
- Sour Cream/Plain Yogurt: 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon Powder: 1 tsp
- Mini Chocolate Chips: 1/3 cup
- Mixed Dry Fruits: 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts, almonds, cashews and raisins
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until softened with an electric hand mixer. Gradually add the sugar & continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture (step 1) in three additions and sour cream in two additions alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix only until combined.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F/180 degree C.
- Butter or spray a 9 inch pan and line the bottom of the pan with a parchment paper.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of the spoon and sprinkle about half of the chopped dry fruits, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Cover with the remaining batter and then sprinkle the remaining dry fruits, raisins, chocolate chips and cinnamon powder.
- Bake for about 40-50 mins. Once done insert toothpick into the middle of cake and it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 10 mins.
- Slice it and enjoy warm or at room temperature.