Coconut chutney is one of the most famous and delicious side delicacy of South India and goes well with almost all savory South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli, Dosa, Pongal etc… list is never-ending ;).
It requires very few ingredients and is quick to make. Subtly spices and tempering with dry red chili and curry leaves gives all the charm and aroma it needs to be your favorite side with idli or dosa. If you are looking for more Indian dip do check Dhaniya Chutney/Coriander Dip Recipe. So let’s get started.
Cuisine: South Indian, Indian
Recipe Type: Side, Chutney & Dips
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
- Coconut (Fresh/frozen): 3/4 cup(grated/ small pieces)
- Roasted Gram: 1/4 cup
- Green Chili: 2, roughly chopped
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
- Dry red chili: 2-3
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Urad Dal: 1/2 tsp
- Take a blender, add coconut, green chili, roasted gram, salt, water and grind to a fine paste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat a tadka pan, add oil, add mustard seeds, once it splutter add urad dal, dry red chili and curry leaves, saute for 30 seconds.
- Transfer tadka on the chutney and mix well.
- Let it rest for 5-10 mins before serving.
- Enjoy as a side with hot idli, dosa or pongal !!!