These colorful and vibrant looking cheese toast is a yummy, quick, easy to make dish, a great option for an indulgent weekend breakfast or as a snack with your favorite beverage.Spices, flavorful, crunchy and cheesy…simply yummm.
These are simple open-faced toast with few veggies, seasoning and cheese. Well it’s not the healthiest snack, but its alright to indulge in junk food but once in a while ;). Though this sure can be made healthier by using low-fat cottage cheese instead. So let’s get started..
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Snacks
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Level of Cooking: Easy
Serves: 2 person
- 3 bread slices( any bread of your choice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup boiled sweet corn
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped red onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Butter as required
- Take a bowl, add all veggies, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degree F.
- Cut the edges of the bread slices.
- Spread the prepared veggie mix generously all over the bread, top off with shredded cheese, few chili flakes and oregano.
- Put them on baking tray and bake these slices for 5-10 mins until the cheese melts. You may also do this on a non stick skillet/pan, heat the pan on medium heat, add the prepared toast, cover and let it cook on low heat, until the cheese melts.
- Transfer to a plate, cut into diagonals.
- Serve hot and crispy with any dip of your choice.