Summers are here and so are these delicious, vibrant looking berries. Blueberries being one of my favorite and my love for blueberry muffins is forever ;). This is by far one of my absolute cherished, simple, quick and easy to make recipe.
These scrumptious muffins have moist and tender center bursting with blueberries and perfect golden brown top. So let’s start with the recipe of this perfectly moist muffins, which your family will love for sure.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Level of cooking: Easy
Serves: 10-12 Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2-1 cup granulated white sugar (Sugar ratio will depend on the sweetness of the blueberry)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the flour,sugar,baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- With the help of spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. The batter will be of thick consistency.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degree F (190 degree C).
- Butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Fill the 3/4th of muffin cups with the batter, either using two spoons or an ice cream scoop.
- Place the muffin cup tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once done, let it cool for 10 mins before removing from the tray.
- Enjoy these toothsome muffins for breakfast, or at any time of the day :).
- While combining wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix only till they combine. If you over mix the batter the muffins will be heavy and flat.
- If you are using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding them to the batter.
- If you like citrus flavor, add a tsp of lemon or orange zest to the batter.