Here I am again with the healthy and satiating sandwich recipe made with paneer, few veggies that are flavored with very few spices. Paneer/Indian cottage cheese is a versatile ingredient, it adds charm and taste to any recipe. This sandwich is tasty, nutritious snack and can be prepared within 15 mins and excellent for breakfast, brunch, evening snacks or kids lunch boxes.
Do try this recipe at home and enjoy. 🙂
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Snacks
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 6-8 bread slices of your choice of bread( I have used whole wheat multi grain bread)
- Shredded paneer- 1 cup
- Half small onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- Coriander/Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to taste
- Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2 tsp (optional, and can be replaced for black pepper powder)
- Butter to grill sandwich
- Grate the paneer finely in a mixing bowl.
- Add onions, green chili, coriander leaves, salt, chaat masala, pepper powder or cumin powder and mix well. After adding salt don’t keep this mixture idle for long, as it will start releasing water and become very soft.
- Take bread slices, spread the paneer mixture over the bread evenly and cover it up with another bread.
- Repeat the same for all the slices.
- Grease both the sides of the bread with butter.
- Heat the sandwich maker or griddle.
- Once hot, place the sandwich gently on it and grill it until it is golden brown on both the sides.
- Once it is done, slice it to pieces and serve crispy enticing sandwich with ketchup, mayonnaise, coriander dip or any dip of your choice.