Here comes my another recipe of health, tasty and protein packed breakfast. Dalia is considered to be one of the simplest, high in fibre, protein & iron, low in fat is often recommended to growing up kids or people recovering from illness as it is easy to digest. But don’t get worried it’s not only for kids or to recover from illness, it can be made delicious and vibrant looking dish with lots of vegetables and few Indian spices.
The vegetables and spice level can be adjusted as per your taste and likings. So let’s get started to prepare this healthy yet tasty breakfast recipe :).
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25-30 mins
Level of cooking: Easy
- 1 cup roasted daliya/broken wheat
- 1 small-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 small-sized potato, cut into small pieces
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh/frozen)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp, chopped coriander
- Take a pressure cooker, put roasted daliya, water and few drops of oil in a cooker. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Take a cooking pan, add oil, cumin seeds, once they start to splutter add green chilies and ginger, sauté for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add potato, carrot and peas. Now add turmeric powder and salt. Stir well and cover pan with a lid and cook for 5-7 mins on low flame. Keep stirring in between so it doesn’t get burn.
- Add red chili powder and garam masala. Stir well and let it cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Add boiled daily to this vegetable masala and stir well and gently till daily gets incorporated in this fried vegetable masala.
- Add coriander leaves, stir well.
- Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite beverage.
- Keep ratio of water to 1:2. 1 cup daliya to 2 cups of water.
- Dont give too much of whistles while boiling as daliya will get mushy.
- You can also add few drops of lemon juice to add little bit of tanginess in the dish.