Dosas are one of the staple dish in our home. Crispy and tasty dosa has carried its fame from Southern India to the world-famous restaurants all over the world. Dosa is made from fermented rice and urad dal/lentil batter.
My family loves paper dosa crisp and brown along with yummy coconut chutney and hot sambhar. Mostly people like to have them as breakfast or quick meal.
I mostly make idli/dosa batter at home, but now a days ready to use batter is available at nearby grocery stores/indian stores. You can check my homemade Idli/Dosa batter recipe right here . This version of batter makes a perfect crispy dosa, soft idles, uttapam and paniyarams. So without any more delay, lets start making hot and crispy dosas.
Cuisine: Indian, South Indian
Recipe type: Breakfast, Quick Meal
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- Dosa batter as needed
- Oil for frying
- Non stick pan/Griddle
- Take a dosa batter required in a bowl, add little salt and water to get a batter of thick and smooth pouring consistency, mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan/griddle and grease it using oil.
- Sprinkle a little water on the pan/griddle and wipe it off gently using a tissue.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the griddle and spread it in a circular motion from the center to outwards to make a thin circle.
- Now drizzle some oil on the sides and all over the dosa.
- Cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns golden brown in color and crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney/dip and sambhar.