Dhaniya chutney/coriander dip is a popular and versatile Indian dip, tastes yum with sandwiches, parathas, pulav, chaats and other Indian delicacies. This is a quick and easy chutney/dip which need no cooking. It only requires few very basic ingredients which are mostly available in everyone’s kitchen. Just put everything in the blender, give it a nice blend and its ready to eat :). Look at the pretty green color of the chutney/dip..all natural.
Usually I make this chutney and keep it in the refrigerator, so it’s very handy when you want to have them as a dip with your favorite snacks or want to apply on your toast/sandwiches.
There can be many variations in this chutney/dip. The recipe which I am sharing with you is one of the easiest and quick to make. Lets get started….
Recipe type: Chutney/Dips
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10-12 mins
Serves: 1 medium-sized bowl
- 1 bunch of fresh and washed coriander leaves/dhaniya, roughly chopped
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Black salt/rock salt to taste
- Iodized salt to taste
- 1 small roughly chopped tomato
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Amchur/dry mango powder (optional)
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Water to blend
- Add all the ingredients along with very little water in a blender and grind till smooth.
- Check the seasoning, add more salt or lemon juice if required.
- Pour into an air-tight container and put it in a refrigerator.
- Enjoy the chutney/dip with your favorite snacks or parathas.
- Store the chutney/dip in an air-tight glass container, as my mom says it helps in maintaining the natural green color of chutney for a week, and it actually works 🙂
- If adding tomato, adjust the quantity of amchur or lemon juice depending on the tanginess of the tomato. If tomato is tangy enough you can skip adding lemon juice or amchur.
- Don’t add too much of water while blending, it should be sufficient enough to grind smoothly. Dip should have a nice consistency not too dry nor watery.
- Blending for too long even if mixture is smooth changes the natural green color of the dip to dark green in color.
- It can be stored if refrigrator for about 7-10 days.