When you are in Andhra Pradesh, you must try their famous and most commonly eaten breakfast whole green moong dosas/crepes, known as Pesarattu. There are different variations in stuffing of Pesarattu, usually filled with onions, coriander or delicious rave upma.
These flavorful and protein packed dosas/crepes include a little bit of rice for crispness as well as green chillies and ginger for benign flavor. Do try my recipe right away in your kitchen.
Cuisine: Indian, Andhra
Recipe type: Breakfast
Soaking time: 4-5 hours
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Cooking level: Medium
Serves: Around 15 dosas/crepes
- 2 cups whole green moong dal
- 1/4 cup rice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 inch knob of a ginger
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala to taste
- Wash and soak dal/lentils and rice in water for atleast 4-5 hours until the lentils double in volume.
- Drain excess water with the help of colander.
- In a mixer, grind dal/lentils, rice along with green chillies and ginger. Put little water if required to make a smooth batter.
- Remove the batter in a bowl. Add salt to taste
- Heat a griddle, when hot pour a ladle full of batter and spread it thin from the center to outwards.
- Smear a little oil around the edges, sprinkle chopped onions and some chaat masala evenly over it and cook both the sides on a medium heat, till it turns golden brown in color.
- Serve hot dosas/crepes with upma, coconut/ coriander chutney-dip.
- This dosa/crepes can also be made with split green moong lentil/dal or sprouted green moong lentil.
- Mix salt only in the portion of batter which you will be using immediately.
- Unsalted batter can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 days.