Raita is an Indian, Pakistani side dish made with curd/yogurt together with raw/cooked vegetables, more seldom fruits, or with boondi/fried chickpeas flour puffs and spices. Boondi raita is one of the easiest and quickest raita recipe one can ever whip up with soaked boondi and few dry spices. There are few ways of making this raita too and I am sharing the most simple way with minimal ingredients which makes a great side dish to munch on summer days.
Cuisine: Indian, Pakistani
Recipe Type: Side dish
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
Serves: 2-3 person
Cooking Level: Easy
- 1 cup Boondi
- 2 cup Curd/Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon black salt
- Soak boondi in a lukewarm water for a minute, drain and let it cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the curd/yogurt till smooth, add salt,cumin powder, red chili powder and black salt. Add little water and mix everything well.
- Add soaked boondi to the beaten curd and fold with light hands.
- Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander/mint leaves.
- Serve chilled with biryani, parathas or any dish you want.
- If you want crisp raita, add boondi to the yogurt mixture just before serving and mix well.
- You can also add black pepper powder and chaat masala for variation.
- Since store brought boondi is little salted, adjust the quantity of salt accordingly.